Summer is here!
You probably can’t take a tropical vacation, spend time on a crowded patio, attend a festival, or throw a big party due to the pandemic. However, there are still ways to enjoy everything that summer brings (including food and drinks!).
HAVE YOU BEEN EXPERIMENTING IN THE KITCHEN DURING THE PANDEMIC?
According to our recent survey, The Commercial Shift: Consumer Behaviour During and After the Pandemic (Phase 2), two-thirds of Canadians (68%) are cooking more often, compared to before the crisis.
If you’re still looking for new recipes, check out our article about 7 recipe ideas for when you’re social distancing. If you had a chance to try any of the recipes we suggested, we hope you enjoyed them. Thanks to everyone who shared their favourite recipes in the comments!
IT’S JUST OUR OPINION, BUT…
…when it comes to hot summer days, what pairs better with food than a nice glass of wine or a summery cocktail or mocktail (if you don’t drink alcohol)?
In the survey mentioned above, we also learned that one-in-ten (9%) Canadians reported that they have purchased alcohol online for home delivery since the COVID-19 crisis began. Were you one of them?
This month, we’re sharing 4 of our favourite cocktails and 4 of our favourite mocktails to help you enjoy summer, even if you’re not quite comfortable visiting restaurants yet, or simply because you prefer to spend time at home. Grab your favourite cup (and maybe a drink umbrella for extra cheer!) and read on: we hope you find something you enjoy!
IF YOU PREFER COCKTAILS, WE SUGGEST…
- Frozen Margarita: This recipe is excellent for a hot day and pairs well with dishes like chili, nachos, and taco salads. You only need a few ingredients and a blender!
- Sangria: A popular summer beverage, sangria is a great choice for wine lovers and fruit fans alike. This recipe serves four and would be great for spending a day outside with a small group (maintaining appropriate social distance, of course 😉).
- Cucumber Collins: Not a huge fan of sweet drinks? This Cucumber Collins fits the bill. Featuring club soda, lime juice, and cucumber, it is extra refreshing.
- Mint Julep: Crushed ice is key for this classic cocktail. Make the traditional version or add some fresh fruit for a summery twist.
IF YOU PREFER MOCKTAILS, WE SUGGEST…
- Raspberry Mojito Mocktail: This fun drink has all the fresh flavours of a mojito, minus the alcohol! It would be great to enjoy after a summer walk, hike, or bike ride.
- Alcohol-Free Pina Colada: This mocktail is great for those who like sweet beverages. The cool sweetness pairs especially well with spicy foods!
- Grapefruit Tonic Mocktail: If you like tonic and citrus fruit, this refreshing mocktail is a great choice! It would be a great complement to a big summer salad.
- Sparkling Blackberry and Lime Mocktail: A recipe that the whole family can enjoy, this sparkling mocktail is great for very hot days (especially if you’ve been working outside)!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SUMMER BEVERAGE (EITHER ALCOHOLIC OR NON-ALCOHOLIC)? TELL US IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
Note: LEO is not affiliated with any of the recipe websites/companies mentioned in this article.
This post is also available in: Français