DISCOVER OUR MOST RECENT RESULTS BELOW!
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) TOOLS
- Canadians and Americans tend to be uncertain about whether AI tools are good or bad for society:
- 36% of Canadians and 32% of Americans say they are good
- 25% of Canadians and 25% of Americans say they are bad
- 39% of Canadians and 43% of Americans don’t know or refused to answer
- Canadians and Americans are most likely to trust AI tools (a great deal or somewhat) to complete tasks at home or answer questions about products/services via a website chat. They are least likely to trust them to teach their children or help them find a life partner online.
- Canadians are most concerned that AI tools lack the emotion/empathy required to make good decisions (75% agree) and/or are susceptible to fraud/hacking (72% agree). Americans are most concerned that they are susceptible to fraud/hacking (73% agree) and/or threaten human jobs (72% agree).
- If a federal election were held today, 35% of Canadian decided voters would vote for Poilievre’s CPC and 32% would vote for Trudeau’s LPC.
- Canadians think Justin Trudeau (24%) would be the best prime minister, closely followed by Pierre Poilievre (21%).*
- For the 2024 presidential election, Trump is currently the most preferred Republican candidate among American Republican voters and Biden is currently the most preferred Democratic candidate among American democrat voters.**
- Inflation (65%) and the U.S. economy (59%) are Americans’ biggest concerns right now.
*Data collection for this question took place over three weeks, from January 20 to February 12, 2023.
**Republican voters are those who plan to vote Republican in the 2024 presidential election, Democrat voters are those who plan to vote Democrat in the election.
This web survey was conducted from February 10 to 12, 2023, with 1,539 Canadians and 1,000 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
To view the February 23, 2023 report, CLICK HERE.
Do you think AI tools are good or bad for society?
TELL US IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
This post is also available in: Français