DISCOVER OUR MOST RECENT RESULTS BELOW!
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press.
PERSPECTIVES ON THE BRITISH MONARCHY AFTER MEGHAN AND HARRY’S INTERVIEW
- 53% of Canadians think that the British monarchy is out of date and no longer has a place in the 21st century, while 33% think it is part of our history and should be preserved.
- Canadians are split on whether the British monarchy is a positive or negative symbol for Canada.
- Given the recent events, 59% of Canadians sympathize more with Harry and Meghan and 26% sympathize more with the Royal Family.
- 43% of Canadians think the recent events show that the Royal Family holds racist views.
- 25% of Canadians and 21% of Americans who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine intend to wait for the vaccine they want.
THE U.S. COVID-19 STIMULUS PACKAGE
- 70% of Americans think the $1.9 trillion stimulus bill will help the American economy, however, 61% are concerned about the impact it will have on the country’s long-term debt situation.
- 58% of Americans think they will personally benefit from the $1.9 trillion stimulus package.
This web survey was conducted from March 12, 2021 to March 14, 2021, with 1,512 Canadians and 1,003 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel To view the March 16, 2021 report, CLICK HERE.
Are you Team Meghan and Harry or Team Royal Family?
Tell us in the comments below!
This post is also available in: Français