DISCOVER OUR MOST RECENT RESULTS BELOW!
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
ELECTORAL SYSTEM AND POSSIBLE FOREIGN INTERFERENCE
- 71% of Canadians and 63% of Americans believe their respective electoral system is safe.
- 72% of Canadians are in favour of an independent public inquiry into foreign intervention in the 2019 and 2021 federal elections.
- 69% of Canadians and 57% of Americans generally trust election results in their corresponding countries.
- 49% of Canadians feel the impact of the interference does not question the actual outcome of these elections. In comparison, 33% of Canadians feel the potential intervention is significant enough to question the legitimacy of the results.
CORONATION OF KING CHARLES III
- 47% of Canadians and 37% of Americans said they were aware that the Coronation of King Charles III is on May 6, 2023. While 27% of Canadians expressed interest in the event, 28% of Americans said they were interested.
- When asked if they will watch the coverage of the Coronation, 17% of Canadians and 14% of American believe they will.
- 56% of Canadians and 71% of Quebecers feel this would be the time to question Canada’s relationship with the British monarchy.
This web survey was conducted from March 10 to 12, 2023, with 1,544 Canadians and 1,007 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
To view the March 16, 2023 report, CLICK HERE.