Are you curious about the frequently asked questions on LEO? Are you looking for a question that you need an answer to? Fear not! We’ve written this article to summarize the most frequently asked questions we receive from our members. We hope you find it helpful! If your question is not answered, don’t hesitate to contact us by clicking here, or send us a private message via Facebook messenger.
In this article, we answer the following frequently asked questions:
- Why has my account been blocked?
- When do I receive my LEO points for inviting a friend to join LEO?
- How can I participate in contests?
- What is the Question of the Day, and how can I participate?
- Why doesn’t LEO offer the cheque reward anymore?
- What are survey quality control questions, and why are they used?
- Why is the survey I’m trying to complete opening in a different language?
- How long will it take to receive my reward?
- Who is conducting the survey I’m completing?
- How does LEO protect my privacy?
- Where else can I share my opinion in addition to completing surveys?
WHY HAS MY ACCOUNT BEEN BLOCKED?
Your account may be blocked for several reasons, some of which include:
- The emails we send you are ending up in your junk mail folder
- You are trying to log in to LEO from outside Canada or the United States, or using a VPN
- You unsubscribed from LEO
- You violated the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up for LEO
To help prevent your account from being blocked, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and ensure to mark any LEO emails that end up in your junk mail folder as “not junk”.
LEO members must live in Canada or the United States. When you log in to LEO to complete surveys, please make sure that you are doing so from within these two countries and are not using a VPN (we have strict measures in place to protect your privacy, which you can read about later in this article).
If you need help with your account, please contact us by clicking here.
WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY LEO POINTS FOR INVITING A FRIEND TO JOIN LEO?
Thank you for helping us expand the LEO panel! Currently, for each person you invite to join LEO, you can earn 1,000 LEO points.
There are two easy ways to invite someone to join LEO after logging in:
- Click the “Invite a friend” button at the bottom of the To Do Today page and follow the steps (note that you can invite a friend via email or SMS, aka text message!)
- Click the question mark in the top right corner of the website or app, go to “LEO Affiliate Program” and scroll down the page to find your unique link. Send this link to your friend so they can register.
To receive your points, your invitee must register, complete their registration, complete their LEO profile, and answer at least one survey. You can check the status of your invitations on the Your History page. If you need help, contact us by clicking here.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN CONTESTS?
This is one of our most frequently asked questions: we understand that our members love participating in contests!
When you complete surveys on LEO, you earn chances that you can bet on the prizes offered in our Bet Your Chances contests. This system enables you to bet your chances on your favourite contest prizes! Learn how to participate in Bet Your Chances contests here.
You can also participate in our special contests, which we run on our Instagram account and in our Facebook group.
You can find out about the weekly and monthly contests we are running:
- On the LEO contests page. This page details the Terms and Conditions for all our contests and describes how to participate in each one. Access the page here and click on the contest you are interested in to learn how to participate.
- In our contest blogs. Published on the 1st of every month, these blogs summarize all the contests our members can enter and provide specific instructions about how to participate. You can find these articles on our blogs page.
- On our Instagram page. Our Instagram special contests are run on our Instagram page, @legeropinion. To participate in these contests, you often need to comment on the contest post, tell us what you’d buy if you win the prize and tag a friend.
- In our Facebook group. We run our Facebook special contests in our LEO Community Facebook group. To participate in these contests, you often need to comment on the contest post and tell us what you’d buy if you win the prize.
Please note that only Canadian LEO members can participate in our contests at this time and all participants must have reached the age of majority in their province to participate.
WHAT IS THE QUESTION OF THE DAY, AND HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Every day, a new Question of the Day is available on the To Do Today page. These questions are submitted by our members. When you answer the Question of the Day, you’ll earn one chance to participate in our monthly contests and be able to see how other members answered at an overall level.
Every Friday, we feature Jean-Marc’s question. Jean-Marc Léger is the president of Leger and he looks forward to receiving your answers each week! To submit a Question of the Day to the selection committee, log in to LEO, go to the Extras section of the To Do Today page, click “Submit your question” and follow the instructions.
WHY DOESN’T LEO OFFER THE CHEQUE REWARD ANYMORE?
Perhaps it is no surprise that this question is one of our most frequently asked questions!
We chose to remove this reward in February 2020 for environmental reasons, and because the processing times often did not meet our members’ expectations. You can read more about why the cheque reward was discontinued in this article.
Don’t worry, we have many other reward options for you to choose from! Click here to see them.
WHAT ARE SURVEY QUALITY CONTROL QUESTIONS, AND WHY ARE THEY USED?
Survey quality control questions are used to ensure that our members are carefully reading the survey questions we ask them to answer so we can ensure we provide our clients with the best quality data. These questions appear in different locations in our surveys and are very easy to answer (for example, we may ask you: Which of the following is not an animal?). If our members answer too many quality control questions incorrectly, they will not receive any more LEO surveys.
WHY IS THE SURVEY I’M TRYING TO COMPLETE OPENING IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
LEO conducts surveys on behalf of a wide variety of English-speaking and French-speaking clients. If you are completing one of our partners’ surveys, you may be redirected outside the LEO platform to complete it (and you may notice that it does not show up in the language associated with your LEO profile). You may be given the option to change the language when you open the survey. If you are not, try proceeding past the first page. If the language is still incorrect, please contact us by clicking here and include the survey ID in your message.
Here is an example of what a survey ID might look like: XX12345_123X.12345.123456
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY REWARD?
We understand that our members are eager to receive their rewards, so it makes perfect sense that this is one of their most frequently asked questions. The good news is that it’s very easy to check your reward’s status!
The time to receive your LEO reward may vary based on the reward you selected. The approximate time it will take for you to receive your reward is indicated on each LEO reward page in the Reward Delay section.
You can check the expected date of arrival on the Your History page of your LEO account.
The reward processing times vary based on the reward you have chosen. Here is the maximum number of days you will wait between the date of your claim and when you will receive the reward:
- AIR MILES® Reward Miles: 24 to 48 hours
- Aeroplan Points: up to 5 business days
- PayPal Transfer: up to 10 business days
- Visa* Prepaid Card: 4 to 6 weeks
- Virtual Prepaid Mastercard®: up to 7 business days
- Gift cards: 5 to 7 business days
- Happy Card gift cards: 4 to 6 weeks
WHO IS CONDUCTING THE SURVEY I AM COMPLETING?
Click here to see our publicly available survey results.
To see some of Leger’s current and previous clients, click here.
HOW DOES LEO PROTECT MY PRIVACY?
Leger (LEO is short for Leger Opinion) is a member of the Canadian Research Insights Council (CRIC), the European Society for Opinion and Market Research (ESOMAR), the Insights Association and the Worldwide Independent Network of Market Research and Opinion Poll (WIN). Our experts are committed to adhering to the quality control policies and standards of each of these organizations.
WHERE ELSE CAN I SHARE MY OPINION IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING SURVEYS?
There are many different ways you can share your opinion on LEO:
- Use our Love, Hate, Rate tool to tell us your opinion about anything, such as a company, brand, product or service!
- Join our LEO Community Facebook group to share your opinion about topics that matter to you (just remember to follow the community Rules!)
- Share your thoughts in the comments section of our LEO blogs: all of our blogs have a comments section where you can share your perspective about the content. Many of them feature questions for you, our valuable members!
- Share your thoughts in the comments section of our survey results TikToks! Click here to see an example of this type of post.
- Send your comments to our support team here: https://www.legeropinion.com/en/contact/
IS YOUR QUESTION MISSING FROM OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS LIST?
We’re here to help! Contact us by clicking here.
WHAT QUESTION WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ANSWER IN OUR NEXT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ARTICLE?
TELL US IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
This post is also available in: Français